holyfamvolunteers




WELLCOME AND HELP PLWHAS

Saturday 7 April 2012

Herbal Plant, Prunella vulgaris, Inspires Cancer and HIV Research

Prunella vulgaris, self-heal plant, is the subject of cancer and HIV research. Learn how this old herbal remedy transformed into a promising new treatment.
The herbal plant, Prunella vulgaris, also known as self-heal or all-heal, has long been used in herbal medicine by European, Chinese, and North American native healers. But now, scientific interest in this plant is growing as research shows that it has anti-tumor and anti-viral properties. Many studies highlight the plant’s promising use as an anti-cancer and anti-HIV (human immunodeficiency virus that can lead to AIDS) treatment.

Leaves and Flowers Long Used in Herbal Treatments

This plant is a member of the mint family, but is lacking the minty fragrance and flavor. However, it is edible and the leaves can be used in salads, as a pot herb in stews, or in teas. The flower spikes also can be steeped in infusions.
Used for a host of problems, Prunella vulgaris was especially helpful when its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties were needed, as in treating gastritis or when its antibiotic and emollient properties were needed, as for bathing external wounds.
Processing Plants Looking For Used Processing Plants? Find Them Here! 30 Years Experience IPPE.com
Liver Cancer, Transplants Senior liver surgeon - Liver Cancer Transplantation, Pancreas & GB Surg www.liversurgery.com.sg
With its long history of widespread use in three continents and by many cultures, Prunella vulgaris was bound to capture the attention of modern medical science.
Prunella vulgaris in Cancer, HIV, Herpes and Other Anti-viral Research
In the past decade, scientists have conducted many studies on the herb Prunella vulgaris concerning its anti-cancer effects and anti-viral activity, especially against HIV and herpes viruses.
The BC Cancer Agency (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) has conducted studies on the effectiveness of ancient herbal remedies for lung cancer prevention which included the use of Prunella vulgaris in combination with other herbs. Its website states: “The efficacy of botanical extracts in Western medicine is gaining increasing recognition.” Regarding the compound of six herbs it further states, “A preliminary open study at BCCA also showed promising results in preventing the development and progression of pre-cancerous lesions in the lung.”
According to Cancer Monthly, researchers at Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Greenville Hospital System in South Carolina found that Prunella vulgaris reduced the growth of endometrial cancer cells. They concluded that it may prove an effective treatment for women with endometriosis and certain types of cancer.
Functional FoodNet (University of Guelph) reports that scientists from Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia found an anti-herpes virus compound in Prunella vulgaris and concluded that it might prove useful as a new anti-herpes drug.
The US National Institutes of Health have published a study from Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University in Japan. There researchers found that an extract from the flower spikes of Prunella vulgaris exhibited anti-HIV activity in vitro (in the laboratory) and also found that it can be absorbed from the intestine in vivo (in a living organism), thus opening up the possibility of oral administration dosage.
A 2008 study at the University of Iowa, reported in Virology Journal, concluded that multiple Prunella vulgaris consituents have profound anti-viral activity. This study also noted that extracts from a roadside (disturbed habitat) collection of the herb showed more potency than those from a forest-grown (undisturbed habitat) sample. Although not addressed in this study, this may be related to Prunella's need for compacted soil to support its structurally weak stems, as described by Gregory L. Tilford in From Earth to Herbalist: an Earth Conscious Guide to Medicinal Plants.
Growing Research Interest in Prunella vulgaris, the Plant Known as All-Heal
In Australia, the University of Queensland has investigated new plants which could possibly be used as commercial crops. "New" is defined as a plant not previously produced in a certain agricultural area. In assessing the potential of Prunella vulgaris, the Australian New Crops Website shows that the annual number of research papers mentioning this plant has multiplied more than twenty times from 1926 to 2006, indicating increasing interest.

Pharmaceutical Potential as Anticancer and Anti-HIV Treatment

Prunella vulgaris has journeyed far from its original identification as wildflower and weed. First, traditional herbalists and native peoples embraced it as a panacea, calling it all-heal or self-heal. Then modern gardeners re-discovered it as newly appealing and brought it into their gardens as border plants and groundcovers. Now modern science has focussed on its pharmaceutical potential, especially as an anticancer and anti-HIV treatment. In this way, Prunella vulgaris, the self-heal plant, will come closer to fulfilling the potential of its most promising name—all-heal.
In the article Is Prunella vulgaris Truly an All-Healing Herbal Medicine? read more on this plant in herbal medicine.
To learn more about the plant, self-heal, and its uses in the garden, see the article Ready to Try Prunella vulgaris, Self-heal, in the Shade Garden?
Another plant that went from herbal medicine to modern drug is described in the article Foxglove Herb, Digitalis purpurea, Source of Modern Cardiac Drug.
References:
Lust, John, The Herb Book, New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1987.
McVicar, Jekka, Jekka’s Complete Herb Book, Vancouver, BC: Raincoast Books, 1998.
Ody, Penelope, Healing with Herbs, Pownal, VT: Storey Books, 1999.
Tilford, Gregory L., From Earth to Herbalist: an Earth Conscious Guide to Medicinal Plants, Missoula, MO: Mountain Press Publishing Company,1998.
Jen L. Jones, Jen L. Jones Jen L. Jones - Based in Canada, Jones writes on human rights, history,and the natural world. She focuses also on Turkish and Scottish travel and ...
rss

8 comments:


  1. Good day everyone, I have been suffering from Hiv/Aids for over 4years now, and suddenly, i have spent all my money all to make sure i get healthy all day, but happily, last month january 12th 2013, I came in contact with a traditional doctor also known as a chief priest on a newspaper who is called Dr atiti who has help much people to cure their aids disease, firstly i taught it was a joke until i contacted him " 'atitilovespell@gmail.com' " and he said that if i am ready for this work, i told him yes, and he collected my details and told me that after he has finished consulting his oracle he will run back to me on when to go for a medical check up, i was un healthyling surprise. And truly last week monday Dr Atiti called me to quickly go for a medical checkup, which I did, only to find out that I was not with any HiV disease anymore, my friends and families who left me before run back to me. I now found out that God in Heaven is using this man to bless and heal us all, he is a great and powerful man, again I say to you sir, that God almightly will uplift you and your great work you did for I and other people. Pls i will sincerely advice all Hiv patient to contact this great powerful man called Dr Atiti for your solutions now at atitilovespell@gmail.com he will help you on your Hiv problems.....email:'atitilovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good day everyone, I have been suffering from Hiv/Aids for over 4years now, and suddenly, i have spent all my money all to make sure i get healthy all day, but happily, last month january 12th 2013, I came in contact with a traditional doctor also known as a chief priest on a newspaper who is called Dr atiti who has help much people to cure their aids disease, firstly i taught it was a joke until i contacted him " 'atitilovespell@gmail.com' " and he said that if i am ready for this work, i told him yes, and he collected my details and told me that after he has finished consulting his oracle he will run back to me on when to go for a medical check up, i was un healthyling surprise. And truly last week monday Dr Atiti called me to quickly go for a medical checkup, which I did, only to find out that I was not with any HiV disease anymore, my friends and families who left me before run back to me. I now found out that God in Heaven is using this man to bless and heal us all, he is a great and powerful man, again I say to you sir, that God almightly will uplift you and your great work you did for I and other people. Pls i will sincerely advice all Hiv patient to contact this great powerful man called Dr Atiti for your solutions now at atitilovespell@gmail.com he will help you on your Hiv problems.....email:'atitilovespell@gmail.com''

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being in relationship with Kenneth for seven years,he broke up with me,I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain,I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him,I begged him with everything,I made promises but he refused.I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell,I had no choice than to try it,I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days,that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day,it was around 4pm.My ex called me,I was so surprised,I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened,that he wanted me to return to him,that he loves me so much.I was so happy and went to him,that was how we started living together happily again.Since then,I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem,I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there.Anybody could need the help of the spell caster you can email him drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything I CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR DR Patrick HIS EMAIL:he can also help to cure any kind of illness like email. drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com or whats App +2347061824880

    1 cancer cure
    2 diabetes cure
    3 wining of lotto
    4 herpes cure
    5 warts cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 get your ex back
    8 pregnancy herbal medicine

    ReplyDelete

  4. ZIKA DISEASE

    God bless Dr.UKO for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of ZIKA DISEASES since 2014 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the ZIKA out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for ZIKA DISEASES i saw a comment about Dr.UKO, how he cured ZIKA DISEASES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 7 days later i was cured from ZIKA DISEASES, Dr. UKO truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through ukospelltemple@yahoo.com whatsapp him on

    +2347064650019

    DOCTOR UKO CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS
    5. AMOEBIC MENINGOENCEPHALITIS
    6. ANTHRAX
    7. PLAGUE
    8. EBOLA
    9. BRING OF EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN

    ukospelltemple@yahoo.com / Website: ukospelltemple.wixsite.com/mysite

    ReplyDelete


  5. I THOUGHT THE PHYSICIANS SAY NO CURE FOR HIV/AIDS AM TELLING YOU TODAY THAT DR OZI CURE HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE AND ONCE YOU GET CURED YOU ARE FOREVER CURED IT IS NEVER REVERSABLE.

    MY NAME IS WILSON KITA JOYCE FROM THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA,I AM USING THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE LIFE BY SHARING MY TESTIMONY THAT THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS BECAUSE I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY,I SUFFERED FOR HIV/AIDS FOR GOOD ONE YEAR AND TWO MONTHS AFTER LOOSING HOPE THAT I CAN NEVER GET THE CURE BEACAUSE THE DOCTORS SAID THERE IS NO CURE FOR IT,BUT THANKS BEEN TO THIS GREAT MAN CALLED DR OZI WHOM I READ A TESTIMONY ABOUT ON HOW HE CURED HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE,I NEVER BELIEVE THIS BUT I DECIDED TO CONTACT HIM THROUGH THE STATED EMAIL,(droziherbalcurehome@gmail.com) and he send to me a herbal medicine and ask me to drink and bath with the herbal medicine for 3 weeks but to my greatest surprises, i went for a medical test after two weeks and my status was negetive till today i cant keep sharing this testimony please brothers and sisters there is a cure to hiv/aids, contact this man for what ever you are going through, what ever sickness you are suffering from, like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL HERPES
    11) HE ALSO HAVE SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX
    hiv/aids,perkinsons disease, ALS,CANCERS,HERPES. contact him with his email via droziherbalcurehome@gmail.com or whatsapp him through the following contact on +2348060858046

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello” thank God for the wonderful healing spell power which Dr Camala render to my life which oracle support, i was been diagnosed with HIV-AIDS over 7years now which has lead me to unemployment and loosing my relationship with my fiance after he heard that i am suffering from the VIRUS, i tried begging him to allow me stays with him, but he still insist on letting me out of his home, until a friend of mine on Facebook from SOUTH AFRICA told me more about Dr Camala the great healer, that he is going to help restore and healed my diseased with his powerful healing spell, she send me of Dr Camala email address and i quickly contacted him, and he replied to after 30mins of my message that my disease is a little and minor disease, that he will solved the disease immediately only if i can accept all he requested from, i told him yes, because truly i know that ” HIV-AIDS IS A WICKED AND DEADLY DISEASE I EVER KNOWS “. so i did all he want from me and surprisingly on Friday last week Dr Camala called me that my problems is solved that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly really did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now NEGATIVE AND NOT LONG +, I jump up and was crying heavily because truly the disease drive alot of things away from my life, my friends, my cousin, my fiance and relatives, but now since i was confirm NEGATIVE- my lost friends and fiance has been back to me begging for forgiveness, i have forgiven them and now we are now best of friend. again i will say to Dr Camala that he is blessed and may the almighty God which i serve raise him and his family to the higher level in life. Thank and god bless. Please email Dr Camala for healing and solution now at = dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live Testimony HPV and HERPES is cureable: I am greatful to Dr Aire ,the powerful herbal healer that rescue me from HPV and HERPES. I was diagnosed of these disease in 2019 and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life and i went into research on how i can get cured and i saw a testimony of a lady on how she was cured from HERPES by Dr Aire, i decided to give him a try and when i contact him, he assure me that he will help me and send me the cure.I believed in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a herbal cure for me and send it to me through DHL and gave me instructions on how to use it and after one week i should go to hospital for checkup and after one week of using the herbal medicine, i went to the hospital for test and to my surprise the test stated that i am HPV and HERPES negative and i am fully cured from the diseases. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Dr Aire is a God Gifted man and he can cure so many diseases like HIV/AIDS, HERPES,CANCER of all kind, PILE, KIDNEY PROBLEM, SYPHILIS, DIABETES, HSV1&2, HPV and lot's more. You can contact him through his email: drairehome@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2347036740271. I will continue to share this great testimony on the internet and all over the world for the good job Dr Aire has done for me.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live Testimony HPV and HERPES is cureable: I am greatful to Dr Aire ,the powerful herbal healer that rescue me from HPV and HERPES. I was diagnosed of these disease in 2019 and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life and i went into research on how i can get cured and i saw a testimony of a lady on how she was cured from HERPES by Dr Aire, i decided to give him a try and when i contact him, he assure me that he will help me and send me the cure.I believed in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a herbal cure for me and send it to me through DHL and gave me instructions on how to use it and after one week i should go to hospital for checkup and after one week of using the herbal medicine, i went to the hospital for test and to my surprise the test stated that i am HPV and HERPES negative and i am fully cured from the diseases. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Dr Aire is a God Gifted man and he can cure so many diseases like HIV/AIDS, HERPES,CANCER of all kind, PILE, KIDNEY PROBLEM, SYPHILIS, DIABETES, HSV1&2, HPV and lot's more. You can contact him through his email: drairehome@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2347036740271. I will continue to share this great testimony on the internet and all over the world for the good job Dr Aire has done for me.  

    ReplyDelete